Claims and Estimates
If you want to make a claim for water damage, you will need to contact your insurance company as soon as possible. Homeowner's policies vary widely in what is covered, so be sure to review your policy. Flood damage is only covered under separate flood insurance and not under your homeowner's policy.
- Notify your insurance company
- Secure the property and prevent additional damage
- Find temporary housing to live in (if the damage is extensive)
- Make a detailed inventory of damaged property along with the current replacement value (not the original purchase price)
- Take lots of pictures of the damage, initially and throughout the restoration
- Begin repairs until approved by insurance company
- Don't throw away anything you removed from the house until your insurance adjuster has seen it.
- Assume you have to use the insurance company's vendors (You don't.)
- Say "Flood" or "Flooded" when it's water damage - Water damage and flooding are qualified under different categories
It's Not Just Another Restoration
Water damage is one of the most common reasons people make claims on their home insurance. Yet many people don't know much about their home insurance policies. Then, when there are leaky pipes, flooded basements and broken appliances, they discover what is actually covered and what isn't.
For example, if your washing machine leaks and damages your carpet, the insurance may pay for carpet replacement, but any repairs to the washing machine are your responsibility. For sudden water damage, like a frozen pipe that bursts, most home insurance policies will cover both the plumbing and the structural or personal property damage.
Emergencies and Response Time
You are usually required to take reasonable steps to prevent further damage from occurring to your property, even before the insurance adjuster comes out and approves the repairs that will need to be made. This would include water removal and drying and dehumidifying, to prevent secondary damage from mold growth.
Since mold can start growing in even damp carpets and walls that have been wet for more than 24 to 48 hours, Flood Damage Pro recommends that you call us immediately so we can dry your structure before mold has a chance to take hold. Once mold starts growing, the restoration becomes much more complex.
Call Us 24/7. We're Here For You!
Flood Damage Pro will respond very quickly to your emergency call and will take extra care of your property so your life can get back to normal. But having an up-to-date Insurance policy in place is the only thing that can save you from financial burden and unnecessary stress.
When Flood Damage Pro arrives at your location, we will tour the property and make a preliminary assessment of the damage, using advanced imaging equipment to detect hidden pockets of moisture. As we proceed with your restoration, we will have a better idea of the full extent of the damage and will be able to further refine the cost estimate.
Flood Damage Pro has many years of experience dealing with insurance companies. We understand their needs when opening a claim and can help you provide the right information when filling out the paperwork.
Flood Damage Pro works together with insurance companies for restoration and repair of damages covered under the insurance policy.
Don't wait any longer! Call 866-869-4167 now